Malfunctioning is the most common issue in any device be it Firestick or Gaming console. There will be many ways to sort it from simple steps to a complicated process. We can always rely on simpler steps first rather than the complicated ones. The amazing factor in trying simpler ones is that we can try by ourselves and also it does not lead to any complications. So when a Firestick is misbehaving it’s better to analyze a few steps before getting any technical support. The First sort we try for any malfunction has simply restarted the device. In this article, let us know about how to restart a Firestick.
Why Restart a Firestick?
For any malfunction of a device, there may be several reasons for it. The most common issue for any Firestick problem might be that apps freeze and would not go to the Home screen. Also, maybe due to you have installed an app on your device and it keeps restarting again and again. In some cases, there might be a device storage issue when a lot of space gets occupied as Firestick is itself a Low-Specs Device. Whatever be the issue, a Simple Restart of your Firestick will almost fix all your problems.
How to Restart a Firestick?
There are many ways to restart a Firestick as a simple restart is sufficient to sort the misbehaving issue. Every time, the device is rebooted it peaks the device’s performance mode.
Let’s get started with different ways to restart a Firestick…
How to Restart a Firestick using a Remote?
Firestick Remote is the most essential thing for any Firestick device as it can be operated only in Remote. If your Firestick is stuck or frozen then try these.
1) Press the play or pause button on any screen and simultaneously long-press the “Select” button for a few seconds.
2) Firestick Device will turn off immediately with a message your Firestick is turning off.
3) After the Firestick is turned off, your Firestick will reboot and be back in a few minutes.
You may also like, How to watch Pay per View on Firestick
How to Restart a Firestick using Settings?
Restarting a Firestick using settings is the longest process to fix the Firestick. You can try this at the beginning itself or you can try the simpler ones first then try this longest process.
If both your device and Remote is working just fine, then try this way to fix it.
1) Launch the Firestick and from the home screen navigate to “Settings” after the apps and Display.
2) Before “My Account” and Help choose “My Fire TV” under the Settings option.
3) In between the Sleep and Reset to Factory Defaults choose the “Restart” Sub-menu in the My Fire TV menu.
4) Once you give Restart a prompt with two options will appear. Choose “Restart”.
5) Firestick Device will turn off immediately with a message your Firestick is turning off.
6) After the Firestick is turned off, your Firestick will reboot and be back in a few minutes.
Restart Firestick by unplugging it
At times you might have encountered that your device may freeze when the TV is used for a very long time. The other way to restart a Firestick by unplugging it.
1) Unplug both your TV and Firestick for a few minutes that is called the power cycle.
2) Plug it back again to start enjoying your favorite content.
Check it now, Best IPTV Apps for Firestick
There will be many ways to sort it from simple steps to a complicated process. We can always rely on simpler steps first rather than the complicated ones. The amazing factor in trying simpler ones is that we can try by ourselves and also it does not lead to any complications.
Read this article, How to Sync Firestick Remote
Thanks for reading this post…
Share your suggestions in the comments box below…